This week Liana Werner-Gray sent me the book “The Earth Diet”; your complete guide to living using earth’s natural ingredients.
She wrote about more then 100 gluten free nutrient-dense recipes that provide proper nutrition, tips for shifting out of toxic habits, and lifestyle recipes for household and personal care products to help you heal in all areas of your life.
It’s a totally natural lifestyle and the simple concept of eating the cleanest possible. It’s the way we were meant to eat. You will learn eating in a different way and enjoy real sweets for example. Raw chocolate with cacao and desserts that I feel good about.
Your life becomes more and more enjoyable the better you feel!
– Eat real food made from Earth’s natural ingredients. If the Earth doesn’t grow it, don’t use it!
– Grow your own products when possible.
– Use seasonal produts as much as possible.
– Nourish your body regularly. Eat small meals spread out by two to three hours.
– Prepare and cook your food yourself as often as possible.
– If you choose to eat meat, use organic meat from animals that range free, are given non-GMO feed grown without pesticides, and are raised without growth hormones and antibiotics.
– Use natural skin products to avoid chemicals. If you can’t eat something, don’t put it on your skin.
Take a look on the website for more information: http://theearthdiet.com
Some inspiration for this week:
– Cucumber & avocado sushi with Edamame beans.
– Homemade Pumpkin-Red Paprika soup: onion, red paprika, broth, garlic, parsley, water, pumpkin, tomato, black pepper and thyme sprigs.
– Green olives with feta, Greek-Turkish dolmas and sweet peppers with cream cheese.
– Buffalo mozzarella with grilled tomato and basil.
– Grilled eggplants filled with goat cheese, with watercress salad and pomegranate dressing.
1) Remove your makeup and cleanse your skin every day before your going to bed. Also if your not wearing makeup! Free radicals do their “work” also on the makeup-free skin.
2) Take a cold shower or change with hot and cold. Cold, but not freezing water stimulates circulation and improves your resistance.
3) Don’t use hair products with alcohol.
4) Its cliché but it’s true: drink enough water (minimum 2L per day) and sleep enough. Women around 8 hours per night.
5) Mix your foundation with sunscreen. So you are always well protected!
6) Are you using your towel to clean your face? Use the softer version for babies. Also handy in your gym bag: always clean your skin before you exercise! If you do not remove your makeup for a workout, you run the risk of makeup, dirt and oil to rub into your pores when you rub your sweat.
7) Do you want to keep your eyebrows beautifully in shape all the day? Use hairspray on your eyebrow brush, brush your eyebrows and voila!
8) Use a highlighter under your eyebrows and cheekbones. This gives your skin an instant pick-me-up.
9) Use an eyelash curler for beautiful long and full lashes. Preheat your eyelash curler with a hair dryer, this allows you curl your lashes more easily and keep them last longer.
10) Exchange your shampoo from time to time to make sure your hair cannot get accustomed to a product. It may reduce the effect.
Thursday I had a shooting for CrossFit in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands. They will use the pictures in the gym and on their website.
It’s a pretty heavy but good workout.
I did some deadlifts, front squat, shoulder to overhead, the clean, kettlebell swing and many more exercises.
The CrossFit prescription is performing “functional movements that are constantly varied at high intensity.” It’s a core strength and conditioning program. The program is designed to elicit as broad an adaptational response as possible. CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains
For more information, check the website:
* WEBSITE TIP for vegetarians:
With forum, lots of recipes, tips and restaurants!
Hippocrates, the father of Western medicine, spoke the famous words:
‘’Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food ‘’
With lots of love,