If I want to sleep in an extra quarter before getting ready for school/work in the morning I just prepare these avocado based energy balls the night before so that I can have a quick, delicious and nutritious breakfast that does not need any preparation.
I have made these balls about 4 times before and I usually have around 4-6 of them per morning, often accompanied with a hot cappuccino from our Nespresso machine (right now I am using the vanilla capsules and I L-O-V-E them. Definitely my favourite flavor. You can try it for free at any Nespresso store). YUM!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 100 grams dark chocolate (I used one with 70% cacao), melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/6 teaspoon sea salt
1. Start by mashing the avocado until it is completely smooth (you can do this with a fork, but I personally prefer blend it).
2. Add the mashed avocado to a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. Refrigerate the mixture for about 10-30 minutes until it is firm enough to handle.
4. Roll the mixture into little desert balls, top them with a little chopped chocolate if you like and store them in an airtight container in the fridge until serving.