For a while there was a bag of pink lentils in my storage box and I did not really know what to do with it. I often get home products that leave months for months without being used. Recognizable?
That’s why I decided to make hummus, which was very delicious. You use the same ingredients as with ordinary hummus, only you change the chickpeas for lentils. Use this spread on bread or on a toast during a party, guaranteed success!
Preparation time 30 minutes
(For 1 cup of hummus)
200 grams of red lentils
2 cloves of garlic
1 lemon juice
2 tablespoons of tahin (sesampasta)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
3 teaspoons of paprika powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Pair of pinch of salt
1. Cook the lentils as described on the package, this takes about 15 minutes.
2. Pour them off with a sieve, make sure all the water is out and cool for 20-30 minutes.
3. Put together all the ingredients in the kitchen machine and mix into hummus in a few minutes.
4. Taste and add some extra salt or cayenne pepper to taste.
5. Put the hummus in a bowl and garnish with a spoon of olive oil and pepper powder.