It’s been a while since I shared a recipe with you guys, so I thought it was about time to do that again! Everyone who knows me knows that I’m an absolute oatmeal addict, I have it for breakfast (almost) every morning. That’s why I would like to share my two favourite ways to make the perfect oatmeal including some toppings that I love to eat it with. Hope you like it!
The first way to make it is my favorite way:
- Take 5 heaping tablespoons of oats and put enough plantbased milk in a pan with the oats; bring that to a boil and reduce the heat to medium once it starts boiling
- Then add in whatever flavours you fancy such as cinnamon, vanilla essence, cacao powder etc.
- Don’t forget to stir from time to time!
- Once it has the thickness you want, pour it in a bowl and top it with a bunch of goodies!
Here I used vanilla essence, frozen raspberries, dates, almonds and a spoonful of peanut butter. If this won’t make your mouth water, I don’t know what will 😉
This next recipe is a quicker and easier way to make a bowl of oatmeal, which is very convenient for when you’re in a hurry or don’t have access to a stove/pans.
- Put 5 heaping tablespoons of oats in a bowl, add in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and again: whatever spices/flavours you like!
- Boil some water, stir that into the mixture as well, cover the bowl up with a plate and let the oats + seeds soak up the liquid for about 5 minutes
- Make sure to check if you need to add more water in between
- Once all the water is absorbed, take your favourite toppings to make this a party to eat (and to look at of course!)
I had this oatmeal with cinnamon, orange, dried pears, roasted pecans, cashews & macadamia nuts and a spoonful of peanut butter.
I hope this inspired you to make a delicious bowl of oatmeal yourself! If you do, don’t forget to share your creation on Instagram and tag me @mymodelkitchen!