We caught up with model member Mylene Kooij and she told us how she stays in shape without dieting and the gossip on phone calls from Enrique Iglesias!!
It’s been a while since we lasted talked. What’s been going on in your life and modeling career?
I just finished my thesis of my study Communication Science at the University of Amsterdam. Therefore I now have more time to do more modeling. I hope to travel a lot and I want to go to New York this year.
What’s the weirdest / scariest / craziest thing you’ve encountered during a modeling job?
Definitely the underwatershoot I did together with my sister Georgina! The water of the swimming pool felt as cold as ice, but in the end I’m very proud we did this shoot together haha
What is ‘your market’ and why?
I think it’s the European market. I have visited beautiful city’s in Europe for modeling. Especially Paris is one of my favorite cities in the world.
Do you ever get shy in front of the camera?
No not anymore, in the beginning when I started modeling I was shy sometimes. I was very young, only twelve years old, when I started modeling.
What are your secrets to stay in shape?
I don’t do diets but I have a healthy lifestyle. I drink lots of water, I do sports and I eat healthy.
How would you define your personal style?
I’m a big fan of the bohemian style, but I also like to mix different styles together for example classic items with trendy accessories. I really love the brands Ba&sh and Isabel Marant.
What are your wardrobe heroes?
A white blouse, skinny jeans, leather jacket and a little black dress.
What do you love to do in your spare time?
In my spare time I love going out with friends and spending time with my family. I love to travel and my favorite thing to do is going to the beach when it’s good weather with the people I love.
What 5 fun facts don’t most people know about you yet?
- I still have the same best friends as when I was in primary school.
- I really don’t like cheese! And I’m also allergic to milk.
- I like learning languages, last summer I went to Ibiza for an entire month to follow a Spanish course (but I also went to have a great summer haha).
- Friends is my favorite television programme, I know all the episodes to well.
- My little sister changed her telephone number and picture to Enrique Iglesias on my phone six years ago and I never changed it back again! I was so surprised when she called me! hahaha