Hi everyone, every month you’ll be able to find me hanging around in Amsterdam. Not only to work, but also to have some fun! Talking about a fine combo right there…
This weekend, I went there for myself. Some relaxation never hurt nobody, right? When I’m walking around in Amsterdam I always have this little routine going on, which I wanted to share with you guys.
I usually arrive around 11 am, so I’d be able to have a bagel or delicious scone at “Tony’s New York City Bagels”…. Trust me when I say that their BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato) bagels are to die for! Not a huge bagel fan? Then please, try the scones with cream and jam, or go for some astonishing gluten free brownies.
After I had my early lunch, I went to the “Bijenkorf” to watch the beautiful purses and clothes. Sometimes, my wallet just wants me to watch ’cause, although I love this mall, it’s not the cheapest one… I really wish my wallet came with refills. But you CAN only find it in the Netherlands, and you ARE able to buy some amazing things during sales there!
Anyhow… After spending a while at the mall, I walk around in the shopping area on my way to the “Max Euweplein”. Here you can find a small little tavern called “Max Drinks”, where you can watch people play life size chess… or just watch people. Have some tapas and a lemon drink while you’re there. You’d be happy you’ve listened to me!
Afterwards I love walking through the “P.C. Hooftstraat”. Here you can find some of the most astonishing brands! It’s a pleasure to walk by all the amazingly good-looking shop windows! They all look like they’re telling their own Cinderella story. Oh, and don’t forget to look at the building of Chanel… I know, I know, their clothes are to die for… But seriously, the building will leave its mark on you as well!
Then the ending of my daily routine will come… I’ll be having some trouble with deciding where to eat. Not that there’s no good food -that’s the problem-, there’s too many good food to go to! But I always seem to walk to one of these lovely places:
– “Seafood bar“, where -as you’ve probably guessed- you’d be able to eat some very good, fresh seafood in all sizes;. Try the French mussels (with white wine);
– “Van Dam“, a classic menu prepared how it should be;
– “Ristorante Sardegna“, delicious traditional Italian food. A joy for your tummy. Sitting on there terrace will feel like you’re on a holiday already!;
– “Vondelpark 3“, if you eat a lot of gluten free (like me) than this is a match made in heaven… They have different kind of salads and meals that will make all gluten-eaters jealous!
– “RED“, they’ll only serve you steak or lobster… or a combination of both! Trust me, there’s a reason why they do it… And it’s all in that amazing taste of their specialties! You won’t be disappointed!
– “Players food and drinks“, here you can find all kinds of astonishing dishes… Trust me when I say you’d probably going to want to eat the WHOLE menu! So if you’re not able to choose, follow my advice and go for their special white pizza’s (Flammkuchen)!
So… Let us say a day in Amsterdam isn’t only an amazingly relaxing shopping day, but it’s also a really delicious one!
Keep connected: Follow Charlotte on Instagram here.